BOOK YOUR HOTEL HERE!

Discount Hotel Reservation - HotelClub

Friday, February 27, 2009

2004 In Memory

Modul Disiplin dan Ketahanan Diri:

AKADEMI BOMBA DAN PENYELAMAT
KUALA KUBU BHARU
20 - 27 APRIL 2004

I was actually cleaning out my closet this evening when suddenly, out came this CD containing pictures and videos of the Discipline Module that I went through in 2004 as part of the Diploma programme organised by INTAN. I could still remember the scorching heat that week and we were all very anxious and no to mention, nervous - not knowing what to expect but have heard tons about this particular module ... SCARY!

Well, these are some pictures I want to share with you.



OIFF - Offensive Indoor Fire Fighting
What we had to do was to enter a burning container
and try to fight the fire before it spreads. Umm ... I was the
third in line, had to take my glasses off. At this point, we were briefed
about safety before entering the burning conatiner.
Believe me, the heat inside was none I have experienced BUT watching
a real live fire from a 1 metre distance was just amazing!
We saw the different stages of burning and the structure (physical)
of a live fire. The temperature reached a whopping 300 degress celcius!



Yup .. me in action. The training before the real stuff. A firehose
needs a 2 man team to handle as the force of the water
is very strong.



Well this was me in 2004 (the one on the left) with a mate of mine.




This training was called "KAWAT HOS". This was taken during
the briefing session. We were told to watch a demonstration by our
fellow fire fighters.


The team in action. Where am I? First row ... furthest to the right.


Scuba Diving Session
Was actually one of my favorite activities throughout
the whole week. Was geared up in a scuba diving
suit all equipped and ready to descend underwater.
This is me practicing my breathing using an oxygen mask.


Oil Leak
Apart from the OIFF activity, this one - called
OIL LEAK was extremely challenging. Not only
were we faced by a roaring fire that burnt almost
20 metres into the air, we were supposed to put it out
by suffocating its oxygen source. I was in the sweeper
team. The first in line. The head. What we were
responsible to do was to ensure that our friends
do not catch on fire by the leaking oil running through.



1 comment:

sally salina said...

OMG kamu ada ke cd gambo ni
y mak x tahu
nnt mak nak secopy ok
sekali ngan video CD
mak nak tengok taw!!!!