BOOK YOUR HOTEL HERE!

Discount Hotel Reservation - HotelClub

Friday, February 03, 2006

Celcom, you're truly the BEST!!!!


KLians … beware! Your conversation with the Celcom Customer Careline Representative may be recoded but not taken seriously! Trust me – I’ve been there and done that, and twice …

As I said earlier on, I was in the Celcom service centre today applying for some International Roaming and International Direct Dialing Service. I also did ask for a termination of my supplementary line THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ALMOST A YEAR AGO! Bravo Celcom, you’re truly the best and most caring telecommunication company in Malaysia, probably in the world too. So, to my surprise, my supplementary line hasn’t been terminated yet. I filled out a frekkin form and was asked to wait. Wasn’t that long, although there were probably a billion others frustrated customers there today. When my turn came up, I went to the counter and explained my situation. I told the sweet smiling lady clad in the famous Celcom-brand-batik what has happened. She checked her records and told me that there is no record of my request to terminate the supplementary line. That almost peed me off but keeping my cool, since it’s a Friday, I hastily told her that the request has been submitted since end April 2005. Well, according to Celcoms’ record, there isn’t any request. So all this while, the payment for the supplementary line goes down the drain with what is known as the supreme service that Celcom provides its customers. Look … I paid RM30 per month for the supplementary line. Multiply that with May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December and January 2006, what do you get RM270 bloody Malaysian money.

So, they asked me to provide proof of my termination request (hmm … lemme see, April last year. A fax letter to Celcom, will it be in my file, you do the calculation) and only then will the CARING(not) people at Celcom readjust the money paid for the second line.

Was it my fault? I don’t think so. I’ve done my part as a consumer asking for a request. I was advised by one of the consultants to write in a request and happily did it. I waited a few months and no action was taken and followed up on the matter but was told that the matter is being taken care of. And today, what do I get for being so loyal to Celcom? An extremely hard punch in the face. So, Celcom should rewrite their service motto as Celcom It's In Your Face. They’ve the worst customer service one can ever encounter, although they claim that they have the best coverage, the lines are usually congested, GPRS works as and when it wishes and text messages takes over a century to arrive in your inbox. Believe it or not, I recently have just received a text message sent from London in the year 2004. And a friend of mine asked to post his resume for a job application so he texted the address to me. It never arrived on time but luckily for him, he sent me a second text and it arrived almost immediate.

So Celcom, ask yourself. Are you guys proud of whom you are? Do you think you’re on top of the world? Will you ever beat Maxis? I think not and with that, I’d like to end with … Celcom, you should shove it where the sun ain’t shining :)

No comments: