BOOK YOUR HOTEL HERE!

Discount Hotel Reservation - HotelClub

Friday, February 03, 2006

To work or not to work, that is the question.

Hi there! Me again here ... Yeah, boring ol' me. Well, it's the 3rd of February today and according to my work schedule, it's a working day (yikes!!!). So yesterday, I prepared myself mentally and physically to go head on with what many people like to refer it as work [ work v. to get up REALLY early in the morning, look handsome and smell sweet to face a being often telling you what to do and when to get it done. This being is called a boss ( a noun ) ]. So last night, I ironed my shirt, pressed my trouser and tie and hung it up nicely so that it'll all look freshly pressed when my full-sized-kinda-model body fills into the shirt and trouser. I also made sure that my mandatory pen I place in my shirt pocket is on my desk, my pendrives are securely packed into my work bag, the home keys are neatly placed where I can see them an of course, set the alarm ( aaa ... what would I do without you Mr. Alarm Man ) at 05.45hrs and my MP3 player by my side, in case I need some music to lull me to sleep. So once all this is done, I slept and slept and slept .....

Beep ... beep ... beep ... beep went the alarm at 05.45 sharp and in the early morning, I could hear the muezzin at the nearby mosque reading verses from the Holy Qur'an just about to call out for the Dawm prayers. However, I was contemplating ... should I get up for work, or shouldn't I? I actually HAVE applied for a leave today as I had 4 leftover days from last year carried forward. I did want to go gto the office and check my emails, read memos and start working on my assignment with China. There I was in bed, almost wide awake thinking what I should do. So, I decided to put the alarm on snooze mode and wait till the next beep comes along. So, I went to sleep for another 6 minutes. Again, the alarm went off when my snoozing was up and I still could not make up my mind. I put the alarm on snooze again and when it went off again, I immediately turned it off! Well, you know what happens next. I got up (not!!!!).

Well, that didn't work :) but it's the thought that counts right? That's what all my friends tell me so the next time you come across someone's birthday and forget to but a card BUt you have been thinking of getting him/her one and never had the time, don't feel so bad, I would then like too reiterate the fact that it's the thought that counts! Hope my god-forsaKEN boss reads this and sees how hard working his junior officers are, thinking of going to work albeit you have approved of his day off! I did manage to do my banking though. Went into Maybank to withdraw some loot and popped into EON bank to pay my Credit Card. Then went off to Celcom to sign up for International Roaming and International Direct Dialing. To ny surprise, I didn't have to pay an extra sen to secure these services. Guess Celcom loves me so much to trust me with my phone. Wait till they find out that I'm actually thinking of migrating to Maxis.

At about 13.00, took a quick bite and scadaddled to the Mosque near Taman Amaniah. Man, the service lated till 14.19. That really took a while because the mosque at my place finished at about 13.55. I wouldn't want to debate about that here though ;)

So, I went home afterwards, changed into my shorts and here I am writing what has happened till about now. The time is 15.13 and nothing is exciting yet. Wish a swarm of bees would attack the neighbours or a group of ninja-rabbits would stop by asking whether they could befriend my 4 other rabbits. If it does happen, I'll let you know. Till then, take care all and may the question I posed earlier on be answered upon finishing this paragraph. To work or not to work, that is the question!

Adios!

1 comment:

Budiey said...

kerja dan kerja...
orang kata selagi belum tutup mata...
kalau kita dah kaya tak pe
semua benda depan mata
ngap saje...