BOOK YOUR HOTEL HERE!

Discount Hotel Reservation - HotelClub

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Home Alone 4 ...

Hello everyone. Just felt like writing again. Apparently, the whole family went to Kerteh to meet up with my younger sister who's living there. She recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl (watch out Lucifer - another one of your kind in the making) and my Mom's crazy about her kids. Aaaaa ... the first one's a boy. Cute, energetic, dying-for-attention syndrome and last but not least a bit, but not too DESTRUCTIVE ( broke my Simpsons coin bank, destroyed my MP3 player clip, lost my coins I kept on the table, scribbled all over the screen of my computer, broke my tie hanger and the list goes on and on) kid. Well anyway, am all alone at home now with my four bunnies living outside. Nothing much happening except that I've been flying my planes and the route today was Zurich to Cairo on a Swiss Airbus 340 and Amsterdam to St Maarten on a KLM Boeing 747-400. I almost fell asleep flying to Cairo today. Dunno why but shouldn't keep it up. If I were a real pilot, I would've put a lot of peoples' lives in ultimate danger. Hmm ... that's as far as I get from flying a plane. Have always wanted to become a pilot and work for Malaysia Airlines but wearing spectacles did me no good (so did joining Arts stream in Form 4). So decided to become an Air Steward instead and still no luck. Never even tried.

Am a blue collar guy working for the people of Malaysia, yep - a civil servant. Work's really stressful and busy but I kinda enjoy it as I'm in the International Relations Division taking care of more than 50 countries under my portfolio; Middle East, The Americas, South America, Ireland to name a few. I do speak a number of languages too: Malay (my mother tongue), English, Arabic, Dutch (Flemish) and Spanish but I don't think it's enough. Would love to learn German and French too. However, German being a Germanic language and French a Romance language with completely different grammatical ruling systems, would take up much of my time to master and I can't afford more time spent. Not yet though.

Spoke to someone on the phone today. In fact, it was my long known friend Malik. We used to chat before but lost contact. Today, as I was signed on to MSN, his name appeared as ONLINE and I decided to give him a shout. Thank God he remembered me, so we started chatting for hours and I rang him up to talk in person. Oh well Malik, if you read this sometime, the whole blog is dedicated to you. May you continue being my friend no matter what the circumstances are. God bless Malik :)

Didn't cook anything today but went out to buy food instead. Ate Nasi Goreng Ayam and Satay Ayam today. Thought I'd pig out but the hefty portion of the rice left me full even before I got to relish the sweet and tender morsels of meat skewered onto bamboo skewers grilled to perfection over a charcoal flame served with piquant peanut sauce. Damn, that made me hungry. So I saved it for tomorrow and kept it in the fridge. What will I do tomorrow while waiting for the family to come home? I dunno but I'll let you know tomorrow night. I'm sure I can cook up a good long paragraph that'll bore you to death about what I did. So till then, good night and see you all later.

No comments: